Yesterday came and went. Why was a Tuesday ( A stupid, bloody day one at that!) important around here? Well, it was a deadline for the seller to respond to my offer on the Land Plot.
I spoke to the broker early in the day to get an assessment. Turns out the seller has gone MIA. When I put in on Saturday, I was told that he was going down to Mexico for the week, however, would be able to remain in touch via email. He was also informed prior to that an offer was coming. That and he received the paperwork email by 5pm on Saturday.
I gathered he left on Sunday or Monday.
It all came and went with nothing. Aggravating. The parcel has been sitting on the market for years. No movement whatsoever. One would imagine that when you get interest (assuming you are in the market to sell) that you would make a point to communicate.
Needless to say, I was miffed at the un-professionalism, instead called it a day. Turned in early with the cat and the tent. He is a happy one by the way. You can tell with cats. Their coats are well groomed and non greasy. He has been quite poofy as of late. Hence, well adjusted. I'm sure the 'cookie' treats help along the way....
Woke up this morning. Had a lazy get up period. Cat and I hashing out life. Received a phone call around 10:30am to the broker. Although our contracted offer expired the previous evening, the seller decided to come back online. My offer was of course declined. However, he countered. $8500 for 3 acres. My offer was $5000. The listing being $10,000.
I really like the broker. He told me all these stories about the history of Colorado and water rights. Nothing against him whatsoever. The seller.... I told John that I would get back to him on what I thought about it.
Laundry, showers, Tranquil drives about. Walking the plot again to get a feel for it.
Even though the seller is an un-professional arse, I think I will just go with it. Assuming of course that the seller now will remain in contact through the process. Im not here to wait for months to go by just to purchase raw land. Bleh. I have building to do!!
What do you think. $8500 is better than the listing. It's more land than I originally wanted. The feeling is right. Location is within simple driving to where I want to be. Couldn't ask for much more other than me spending a few ten thousand more. ;-)
C'mon, it has a seasonal crick.
I'm feeling recharged. Over and out!
|If the land can recharge you, it is good to walk. (A drive-way)|
|Im sure there is a Grateful Dead song playing in my mind somewhere.|