Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Aggravation

:) Happy days to you all!

Yesterday came and went. Why was a Tuesday ( A stupid, bloody day one at that!) important around here? Well, it was a deadline for the seller to respond to my offer on the Land Plot.

I spoke to the broker early in the day to get an assessment. Turns out the seller has gone MIA. When I put in on Saturday, I was told that he was going down to Mexico for the week, however, would be able to remain in touch via email. He was also informed prior to that an offer was coming. That and he received the paperwork email by 5pm on Saturday.

I gathered he left on Sunday or Monday.

It all came and went with nothing. Aggravating. The parcel has been sitting on the market for years. No movement whatsoever. One would imagine that when you get interest (assuming you are in the market to sell) that you would make a point to communicate.

Needless to say, I was miffed at the un-professionalism, instead called it a day. Turned in early with the cat and the tent. He is a happy one by the way. You can tell with cats. Their coats are well groomed and non greasy. He has been quite poofy as of late. Hence, well adjusted. I'm sure the 'cookie' treats help along the way....

Woke up this morning. Had a lazy get up period. Cat and I hashing out life. Received a phone call around 10:30am to the broker. Although our contracted offer expired the previous evening, the seller decided to come back online. My offer was of course declined. However, he countered. $8500 for 3 acres. My offer was $5000. The listing being $10,000.

Hmm.

I really like the broker. He told me all these stories about the history of Colorado and water rights. Nothing against him whatsoever. The seller.... I told John that I would get back to him on what I thought about it.

Laundry, showers, Tranquil drives about. Walking the plot again to get a feel for it.

Even though the seller is an un-professional arse, I think I will just go with it. Assuming of course that the seller now will remain in contact through the process. Im not here to wait for months to go by just to purchase raw land. Bleh. I have building to do!!

What do you think. $8500 is better than the listing. It's more land than I originally wanted. The feeling is right. Location is within simple driving to where I want to be. Couldn't ask for much more other than me spending a few ten thousand more. ;-)

C'mon, it has a seasonal crick.

I'm feeling recharged. Over and out!

If the land can recharge you, it is good to walk. (A drive-way)


Im sure there is a Grateful Dead song playing in my mind somewhere.

12 comments:

  1. I hate real estate hassles. Could you counter offer the full $8500 amount but have the seller pay all closing costs?

    Laughed at the picture....yer sooo cute! You could put a badge on and call it "The Long Arm of the Law"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Yes M'aam. I reckon I could. Hmm maybe after purchasing a ranch.... I should find myself a pair of boots. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Dang it, hang in there don't let it get you down. $8500 is not bad at all, and that is a good idea that Granny has (she's more than just a pretty face and a fantastic gardener), $8500 plus closing costs. If they say no, then maybe counter with $7500?

    Don't forget to get mineral rights, you don't want that hanging over you later on.

    This is so exciting! Reminds me of when we bought our land and house. The feeling is exhilarating.

    And yeah, the other thing granny said too, ha. It's ok, I told 2nd Man. ;-)

    p.s. I thought of the stretchy guy in Fantastic Four!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for validating what I have always humbly believed. I am fantastic! Thanks for askin'.

      Delete
  3. Since the land has been sitting with no offers for so long why not counter offer at $7500, worse thing he can do is say no. Depends on how bad you want that particular piece, compare to something else in the area for price and location. Keep enough back to go buy those boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I made a point to go back a few times to get a feel for it. The solar potential. The parcel size, the quality of topsoil. (That is this piece has it. This is classified as high desert) Most of the mountain is rocks.

      I will get those boots. If nothing else than to keep the fire ants off my ankles. ;)

      Delete
  4. That's not a bad price for such large piece of land. I would check water access and such because for spring time it looks very dry, so come summer heat it will probably be worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. The parcel has mineral rights. Water is an entirely separate thing in Colorado. However, the 'subdivision' was created long ago so it has the right to apply for a well permit. This area is denoted as High Desert. Its will be precarious to garden. Im going to end up having to use alternative forms of moisture control. Heavy mulching etc. Hardier plants.

      Delete
  5. It's a pretty good price for acreage, and it looks like a really nice piece of property. I know I'm late with my comment, but if you can haggle a bit more, do it, or not. I still think it will be a fair price. Good advice from the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent a lot of time walking it. Just feeling it up. The property lines extend up the mountain and there is a stream that cuts the north. It felt right. Now I am under contract. Here in less than two weeks hopefully I can start building!

      BTW, there is a grove of willows. Apparently Beavers enjoy these. Im debating 'importing' some beavers in order to dam up the stream a bit.... I cannot legally do it, but if suddenly it becomes a designated wild-life area.... muahaha

      Delete
    2. Under contract? Congratulations! That's such good news. The exciting part is now to come.

      Delete
  6. You are under contract? Does that mean it's a done deal? Oh....I hope so!

    ReplyDelete