Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Simple-Peaceful Existence.

Greetings and Salutations.

I'm back with a vengeance. Recently I met some of my neighbors. Great people. They are just like me with the simple life. I was mentioning to them about wanting to find a camper for winter while I finish my build due to hassle from the County.

Instead I ended up purchasing a flat bed utility trailer from them. They gave me some 2x10 engineered floor I beams. Now I am in the process of building a lovely Tiny house on wheels. It will be 12 feet wide. 14 feet long. 15ft Cathedral ceilings. Loft. Nice kitchen, bath, powder room etc.

Im feeling invigorated again. Things are turning out well. I'll have this dried in within the week or so.

The previous build with the concrete pillars is now going to be turned into a lovely deck. I Plan on putting up some lattice on the East and Western sides to block out the harsh sun. Deck the 8x12 section. For tables and chairs. Tea time/ Margherita/ etc. The 4x6 space in the back of it is going to be turned into a storage shed to house my power tools.

The solar panels will be moved to the south section of its roof and the northern part will be tinned roofing.

Hope all is well with you!

Oh, the last few days there has been a bear about. Several days ago I heard a growling between my tent and the Deck. I decided to pay no mind. Fell asleep. Met the neighbors and they told me they saw the ass end of the bear in their trash. Over the next few days I've smelled it.

It's a lovely time to live in a tent on the mountain side.

PS. I have the cable company set to arrive on the 11th to install internet for my Off-Grid Tent. Hopefully they arrive. Then I will be posting much more regularly. ALSO keep up with all the rest of you!

The 6x13ft trailer with 12x14ft floor I-beams

The 6x13ft trailer with 12x14ft floor I-beams

The look of the Homestead. Solar, First Build, REI Tent, Tiny House Trailer Build

10 comments:

  1. OMG how exciting! Bears and all! What a great idea to build something like that. I've see those tiny homes and they are always 'on wheels' so they can go where they need to go. I love that your plans are evolving. That's what I enjoy about the farm and having some empty property, I can 'evolve' my plans. Can't wait to watch it happen.

    You and Kiki stay away from the bear please. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bears by my head during my slumber is a little exciting. Im moving into that wheeled house toot sweet when Its dried in!

      Delete
  2. Lions and tigers and BEARS....Oh my!

    I had a very close encounter with a bear once. I stood my ground while my children ran for cover, and just glared at that bear and dared him to hurt my children. He looked back at me, brushed up against me as he walked by, and kept going down the path. At the time I felt no fear at all, which probably is what saved me from being eaten.

    You and Kiki stay safe. I'm looking forward to the new adventure on wheels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes. OH MY!

      Bears are unpredictable. Not something you really want to take the chance messing with. Oh, they stink too!

      Im excited about the Wheeled Adventure. Also re-invigorated with turning what I have into a nice deck for entertaining.

      Delete
  3. So good to hear from you and to know that you are making progress. Such an unexpected twist. Are there different "rules" if your dwelling is on wheels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes. If you build on wheels like most Tiny Housers do, it is not under building codes. It now is a trailer with stuff on it. Im not sure it even qualifies under an RV. People make them to road legal status for towing etc. Now I no longer need building permits. It will go quicker and cheaper.

      Delete
  4. Great to hear from you. You prove that there is more than one way to skin that cat. Sorry Kiki I did not say that, but stay close Kiki while the bears put on those last few pounds before taking a winter nap. Hope the new plans did not add too much to your work load. Stay with the building even if you must keep us in the dark for a while. I would rather see you with a safe and dry place for you and Kiki before winter. Winter is comming much too soon. Keep up the good work you will be living the total of your dream soon, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Tiny House on Wheels should be able to be dried in within a week or two. Then I can spend all the winter finishing the interior at my leisure pace. :)

      Delete
  5. One more thing before I am done BEAR is very tasty. I am a member of that local animal group PETA. They call it "People for the Ethicial Treatment of Animals", I call it "People who Eat Tasty Animals". LOL Just a thought for cheep winter food. I am sure the good neighbors could find some space in their freezer for a small share of the meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With it soon to be minus 20 weather Id suspect you could leave it housed outside locked up from other animals. If I wasnt 10 years veg, Id have stuck him already. ;-)

      Delete