That was last winter. As you can imagine, I was reluctant to dig into expensive electronics. It took months of writing it off until it came back up. Over the last couple days, I gave the GoPro to a friend to take apart. He noticed a bit of dried soap and corrosion inside. However, due to not having small enough Torx tools to open it further up, he had to stop. Luckily I had a T4 small enough.
Removed all the ribbon cords. The lens. The printed circuit boards. Everything. Q-tip in hand, off I went. So much green copper corrosion on the terminals and powdery dried soap.
In the end, it was put back together as it came apart. Then plugged into the computer to charge the battery. After 15 minutes, the LCD screen beeped on. There she was. A Lazarus coming back to say hello!
:) Oh, happy day was yesterday!
Now I can return to getting better at making vlogs. Chronicling my journey over the years. Hopefully even some Plant growth Time-lapsing.
Hope all is well with you!
|Video # 51 - Flashback - REI Tent Life Aug 2013|